Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richard_henderson
Date/Time: Fri, November 9, 2001 at 8:27 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Rotten to the core

The scandal of the Afilias launch, in my opinion, is that so much of the Trademark fraud, abuse of their appalling system, and Sunrise cheating was perpetrated directly by Afilias associates, Afilias directors, an Afilias Executive, and Afilias's registrar friends.

They pretended it was all a surprise when the Sunrise fraud came to light. But to take Afilias CEO Lubsen's company DomainBank as one example, Lorenz's 91 non-trademarked names were submitted for profit (and, of course, surprise surprise, accepted by Afilias) right at the end of the Sunrise period, long after all the alarm bells had started ringing.

And don't tell me Afilias Director Govinda Leopold didn't know about it, because her Hawaii.info and Maui.info and Govinda.info names were part of the shambles.

The Speednames Director on their Board was responsible for 4981 faked names being put through (for a lucrative $500000 payment) from a single fraudulent person. Don't tell me he didn't notice something odd there!!!! And yet he was a Director of Afilias, and Afilias (surprise, surprise, rubber-stamped his unfair gains)...

...Unfair, at the expense of ordinary customers...

And there are so many instances of their own Registrars cheating the public that I'd need a week to type out the details - just go to the Internet sites that list some of these

So, sorry, but I have formed the opinion that Afilias is ROTTEN TO THE CORE

And, abysmally, ICANN know all about it, have acknowledged my repeated objective reports of these abuses, and yet their ploy seems to be to send back bland one line sentences like "Yes their seem to be a few problems".

How deep down does the Rottenness go?       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy