Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Sat, November 17, 2001 at 12:55 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: you got it - position, position, position, traffic, traffic, traffic

- the relative number of registrations is not a gauge of effectiveness or worth.  The good .infos will out traffic and out earn the equivalent .coms, as .info is a lovely non-threatening, apparently non biz or commercial extension that will grow in popularity to provide more satisfying commercial transactions to more users as the number of Internet users grows. 

I feel that those of us who have secured good .infos will be the envy of those who will follow us, just as we have been of those who registered the good .com generics in the eighties.

I regret, as I do about many things about Afilias's management of the .info launch, Afilias has retreated from their ".info - where the world goes for information" slogan - but what would we expect from that bunch of scamming fuckwits - just showing their used car lot origins I suppose.  However, the posters at this forum are in part responsible for Afilias's retrograde marketing move, as I am sure the bastards in the bunker began to smart pretty badly from the hammering we gave them about their inadequacy in providing their customers and the Internet community with answers to questions about the .info fiasco, rather than self-serving spin.

Had the .info launch model been something other than a process devised by cheats for cheats, then Afilias could now hold its head high and be marketing the .info extension and the God forsaken registry with some pride and effectiveness.

.info could have been marketed as the premier search extension, an alternative to search engines - and Afilias could have established a reputation for reliability and accountability - but now you know I am dreaming...

Good luck Landrushers (I have not mentioned .biz as I think it is most likely a waste of space and money - muhahahahahaha mole muhahahahaha!) 

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy