Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Fri, November 23, 2001 at 3:17 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: What kind of consumer are you Anion???

You make the following statement:

>>>>>>>New.net predicts 200 million on board within a year; so we should see the semblance of a marketing strategy by then.<<<<<<<

Some questions I would be asking New.net since you are just regurgitating what they said:

1)  How??  If they plan on BulkRegister doing this for them, I still don't see any "New.net" tlds coming soon on their homepage...

2)  What scientific model is there to predict this 200 million user base.

3)  Funding???  I get "Executive" a silicon vally magazine...no need to further explain this...(and no it has nothing to do with new.net--they haven't been mentioned)

4)  Email....At 200 mil...things ought to get interesting....wouldn't you say???  Do you not see the "Economies of Scale" here???

5)  Not to say that the 200 million market isn't reachable...Look at Napster....people will download if they are interested in the product...But will enough of these people stake their business on a plug-in TLD???  I don't know...Maybe you need to ask yourself...How will they perceive a multiple - tier root system???  If you have ever owned a business, your number one concern is that consumers can find you. Computers are constantly being upgraded....will consumers take the time to download the plug-in??  Not sure...Curious what you think though...

6) Ask yourself this...Why isn't another deep pocketed company launching a similiar service as New.net???  Hmmm...You always know something is going to happen in a market when several investments are made in a particular market sector....

It's imperative we all start asking ourselves...What kind of consumers are we??  One that doesn't read the fine print, or jumps at a "for sure" deal....

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy