Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: InterNetAdvocate
Date/Time: Tue, December 4, 2001 at 3:38 AM GMT (Mon, December 3, 2001 at 8:38 PM PDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
Subject: My reply to Spot's http://forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessage.cgi?newtldagmts;3C0848D6000019B9

I declined to reply in my English Lesson thread to Antipodes's and Spot's comments about my dot-museum idea.  So Antipodes called me arrogant for that, and Spot called me lame.

Uh, shouldn't threads be on topic?
Uhhhh, yeaaaaaah!  Duh!

Then Spot posted a new thread about my first museum idea while ignoring my second museum idea [which amends my first idea].  I replied with ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ because he started his thread with ad hom attacks on me, rather than a discussion of the ideas.

I now will post a detailed reply to his post, ignoring his adhom [and brain-dead] attacks on me.

Spot wrote: "He suggested .muse for museums and music, but despite his self-proclaimed expertise in English teaching, he seems to be unaware that music does not have an 'e' in it, and therefore setting up a .muse TLD for it would be a BLOODY STUPID IDEA, made even worse by sharing the TLD with museums."

*** MY REPLY ***

Spot's logic is like saying that dot-biz is a BLOODY STUPID IDEA because 'business' has no 'z' in it.
But Spot does not critize the dot-biz TLD for including a 'z' that is not in 'business' - making him a hypocrite for his comments about music lacking an 'e' in it.

The Greek word muse [which, yes, has an 'e' in it] is the root of both 'music' and 'museum' so it makes sense to have dot-muse [or dot-mus] be a shared TLD for museums and music websites.

But I already amended my idea with a second idea: two different TLD's for museums and music websites:

1. dot-mue or dot-muse for museums;
2. dot-mus for music websites.

Scroll down the forum page to find my original comments thereof to verify the veracity of my comments herein.

IntemetAdvocate is _not_ InternetAdvocate. [Note that m looks like rn in Intemet.]  This warning is needed, due to a fraudulent poser IntemetAdvocate using my name in the Real Name field and trying to pose as me InternetAdvocate.
Link: http://forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessage.cgi?newtldagmts;3C0848D6000019B9

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy