Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: mole
Date/Time: Thu, December 6, 2001 at 3:27 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Thanks housecat, for the moral support.

I am not a domain crazy speculator. I just want what I want, and then I will disappear forever. This whole intro of the new tlds suck to hell. I think ICANN is inept, too driven by politics and big business concerns, and a total shame to what the internet stands for to the worldwide community.

I have wasted hundreds of hours, seen my card charged in absolutely ridiculous ways by registrars, lost at least 3,000 dollars chasing the landrush, been subject to flawed and patchwork regisry systems that go beyond business reason. And you expect us to take all the crap, just because ICANN has the god-given right to degree anything they wish???

I hope the world will learn something from this. And I hope the world will decide, that all future domain issues be managed by a world federation represented by selected government bodies.

The internet is now a world resource and should be governed as such, not by a bunch of hodgepodge individual citizens who are cowered by big businees needs and insider pressures to raise the next pay check.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy