Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Sun, December 16, 2001 at 1:55 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: I would love to see the dates for YesNic's Korean TM

registrations. 

Whether or not YesNic hold .info Sunrise date qualifying TMs, I think YesNic scammed the .info Sunrise, abusing the TM system as it applied to the .info Sunrise and abusing the trust of the Internet community, many of whom will have paid a lot of money to various Afilias registrars to preregister names taken out of the barrel before Landrush 1. 

(I tried to go to Richard's theinternetchallenge.com in order to list the .info Sunrise registrations of YesNic but found it still barred, I assume under pressure of legal action for Richard's making public the scale of the scam apparently perpetrated by the executives of Afilias who are at the same time executives of ICANN.)

Should ever the Afilias .info launch fiasco be examined in order to punish the individuals behind and who benefited most from what must be the biggest scam to hit the Internet, then I think the conduct of some of the registrars should be be a focus, in order that scams such as claiming to be selling preregistrations for one-name-once-only queues, then submitting their supposedly exclusive cueue to another registrar to make a composite, non-exclusive cueue.

Many in the domain business involved in the Afilias .info launch treated the the Sunrisers and Landrushers with no respect what so ever, behaving more like an association of used car salesmen  - make the sale, grab the money - than people involved in the Internet for the long haul.   

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy