Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: spot
Date/Time: Sun, December 16, 2001 at 4:00 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: Yes but the authorities don't like Garry's idea of .reg

That would clear up all the problems, and get in the way of their plan for the Internet to be taken over by big businesses. The solution is there, but they CHOOSE to ignore it. And most people in society are unaware of all of this, and do not understand the significance of what the government departments, Icann and the registrars are doing.

It's like the forthcoming 3G phones (please forgive my tangent, but you may find this interesting). My friend is working on 3G circuit designs at the moment. The new phones have many more trackable features. They have been designed in a way that makes it much easier to monitor people. The UK government were heavily involved in the protocol and technology specifications under the pretense of agreeing standards. Yeah right. The new phones even monitor your whereabouts by relative distances between base stations when they are completely switched off!

The reason why I make an analogy here, is because it's another example of an arguably scandalous situation, yet 99.9% of people are totally unaware of it. In order to appreciate the significance of the new circuit designs and the invasion of privacy they cause, you have to be vastly more technical than your average person. This is how they get away with it.

Let's face it. Apart from us lot and the cybersquatters, Afilias and registrars (who were all part of it) who else knows about the Sunrise scam?

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy