Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Sun, December 16, 2001 at 5:14 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: I don't know which is the worse case of insider trading -

Govinda's Hawaiian grab, put down to trial error - oops, oh dear, I have registered Hawaii in Sunrise, never mind, it's not valuable and no one (who can make me give it back) will notice that it's gone; or YesNic's amazing array of English language generics, supposedly registered in Korea before October 2, 2000.

Yesnic should not keep its long list of .info Sunrise registrations as I believe that ICANN rightly put a limit on registrar registrations, which should relate to the operation of the registrar's business, and should be limited to those names for which the registrar holds the .com, .net and .org registrations.

With the Afilias board looking like an ICANN whos who, I think the Internet community will continue to suffer from lack of accountability and transparency by those in control, and I predict that involvement in the Afilias .info Landrush 2 (bet the word Landrush won't be used again) will be costly.

I think I will watch from the sidelines the sale of chances to win some of the 10,000 odd names WHICH SHOULD BE CHALLENGED when Afilias deigns to release them to the public.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy