Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: onmove
Date/Time: Mon, December 17, 2001 at 2:41 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 95
Subject: new landrush: will it be a wasted opportunity?

If for nothing else, Afilias and NeuLevel should learn from their mistakes/follies/wrongdoings in their own self-interest.  Look at the progress of .info.  Afilias website had to wait for almost 5 weeks to change the count from 600,000 to 675,000!  Those who know about new tlds are fed up with inept and unprofessional handling of .info and .biz rollouts.  Those who don't know have good reason not to care anymore.  If ICANN, Afilias and NeuLevel don't wake up now and conduct landrush I, II or whatever number it is in atransperant, fair and equitable manner, new tlds are doomed to dustbin of history.  I know it is a tall order to hold such expectations.  I don't thinks Afilias and NeuLevel will be inspired by these values and change their ways.  You need a differnt culture.  Unfortunatley, domain business in general and these organizations in particular have failed to develop such culture. I am puting my hopes in more mundane side of human nature: self-interest.  In a way Afilias and to some extent NeuLevel has got a second chance to resurrect new tlds!

Amar  

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy