Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richard_henderson
Date/Time: Mon, December 24, 2001 at 8:31 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Hal Lubsen challenged on gTLD Registries Mailing List to which he belongs

A new Mailing List has been set up by the gTLD registries like Afilias in order to promote "openness and transparency". Hal Lubsen, Roland laPlante and Michael Palage are 3 of the 66 subscribers to this new list (I encourage regular posters to this forum to subscribe too).

I have raised serious questions and concerns on this new mailing list, which you can read by clicking on the LINK below.

I believe Hal Lubsen, who has failed to respond to any questions posted on this ICANN forum, should - in the interests of "openness and transparency" - respond to these very serious issues on this new mailing list to which he and at least two of his colleagues have subscribed.

The new mailing list is specifically set up by the new registries - it is THEIR mailing list - so I will be astonished if they fail to respond to my points. I ask the various members of this ICANN forum to monitor their replies. They have set up the new forum in the interests of "openness and transparency". Is that openness and transparency as much of a sham as that openness and transparency that is supposed to underpin our ICANN Forum here (which has raised repeated questions for Vint Cerf to answer, while he has skulked in silence and presided over months of deeply disturbing policies and unanswered questions at Afilias - for which Vint has regulatory watchdog responsibilities).

Will Hal Lubsen NOW start answering the questions?

Is anyone REALLY interested in openness and transparency?       

Link: Click here to read the message I've posted

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy