Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Sun, December 30, 2001 at 3:54 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: In my honest opinion those "challenged" sunrise names have trouble written all over them....

DISCLAIMER:  I am not a lawyer....just someone who sees the writing on the wall....

What if company "X" who also has a TM on "business" wants business.info and was turned downed by WIPO, after Sanjey produced a legitimate TM for one of his clients....

Hmmmm

Well, for starters since the "pandor's box" has been opened (allowing TM's to be taken in a "Sunrise"), the legal wrangling has only begun...

why???  Maybe company X would like to take the new owners of Business.info to court in the US, or UK for that matter....and they are flush with cash....They can do this...WIPO is only something the parties who are challenging accepts as legitimate....However company X doesn't necessarily have to use WIPO...

Do you see the future here???? 

My guess is (and this is only my opinion...not a lawyer) that the Sunrise process will be challenged in court....and those who got generics through a "successful" challenge will have to wait for the legitimate courts to decide....

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy