Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: moler
Date/Time: Sat, January 26, 2002 at 4:06 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows NT 5.1
Subject: .biz will rock, but it depends...

.com has evolved into a universal catch-all extension for web addressing. So its the most flexible extension to have.

.info is especially great for developing exchange portals/vortals for both b2b and b2c. My development model, for example, is based on bringing together a mega network of prime .info adddresses representing a single b2b industry vortal, something like a supermall.

.biz is great for services and consulting businesses. So a name like domainconsultant.biz is perfect and looks good on email to clients. Remember that the email is one of the most visible manifestations of your domain name.

It may take as long as 2 years (right till 2004) before .info and .biz goes truely mainstream. So be prepared for stamina to develop and hold for at least that period of time. It will be foolish to sell anything now what with the downbeat sentiment today coupled with the lack of mainstream familiarity with the new extensions.

Whatever it is, I have no doubt that the early birds in the game in acquiring the best .info and .biz names will be rewarded for their efforts in the coming years, some marginally, some a lot.

The risk is so small, i.e. $18 per name for 2 years, the question should really be 'why not?' if I can get a GOOD .biz and .info name.

But if it is a .bz, .tv, .ws... hmmm...

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy