Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: moler
Date/Time: Sun, February 3, 2002 at 7:52 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows NT 5.1
Subject: wahahahaa.. it works now. It's funny seeing all these new .name addresses.

Guess its a matter of getting used to, just like Windows XP. I had a bit of problem orientating to the new OS at the beginning, but now wow. And just the other day, I was typing a .com address and it just didn't look right anymore. Like the meaning was all wrong.

The internet adddressing system is starting to get really creative. The days of the geekish .com, .net and .org appear to be coming to an end.

I really can't understand why people find .biz out of whack. .biz is for the b2b sector, and the word biz has been used for many years to represent business, particularly on the web.

I remember when I first starting typing .com, then .net and .org, then .co.uk, .com.sg .com.au, bleah bleah a couple of years ago, it was a really strange experience.

Today, .info and .biz just buzzes for me. It's the intuitive meaning of the extension that really adds that special meaning to my sites.

Just wait for :_

.shop
.xxx
.news

to hit the legacy root. Every webmaster worth his salt will want one.

amazon.shop is a perfect name for amazon.com

sex.xxx is the perfect name for sex.com (wahahahhahaaa, the guy who got sued claims he is a pauper)

cnn.news is the perfect name for cnn.com

.con appears to be on its way into the historical archives of the old old internet. Never thought I'll see the day come so fast and soon.

Now... about that .biz reserve list, appears its going to be an expensive exercise for all of us trying to game the round robin...sigh

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy