Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: erikdw2
Date/Time: Fri, February 15, 2002 at 11:26 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 4.0
Score: 5
Subject: Want to have a laugh? Take a look at Realnames


I just received some spam about Realnames and had a look at it.

1) They do not support all browsers, even IE often needs downloading patches.

2) They only support 10% of the countries worldwide. People in the other 90% of the world cannot use Realnames.

3) If you don't want your customers to be confronted with Realnames' advertising window, you'll have to pay $200 per country per year. Times some 250 countries, that would be a staggering $50,000 per year if one would like their customers to be able to use this name worldwide!

Somehow I can't take this serious :)



Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy