Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipathy
Date/Time: Tue, February 19, 2002 at 11:01 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Like so many other posters I got stung in the .info Landrush

through the incompetence of those in charge at ICANN and Afilias and the preparedness of some registrars to play fast and lose.

I have registered some .infos since then, the majority of which are the equal of those I had my heart set on but saw go to those prepared to fake TM data.

I have blown the budget and will not pay an Afilias registrar again for a chance to win the names for which I bought so many preregistrations in the months prior to .info Sunrise.

I will of course be watching the proceedings to see if there are some prime names left as there were when the registry went live after the first Landrush.  It will be interesting to see whether the frauds will back-up to try to win back their illgotten domains.

Watch out for 007Names and MustardSeed - kind of suspect that these guys will again have their noses in the trough with a preregistration site no one will want to use, so leaving the way clear for another short exclusive MustardSeed/007Names cueue to grab prime names.

I kind of wish there is a hell where the bastards who brought us the .info Sunrise could burn.      

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy