Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipathy
Date/Time: Tue, February 19, 2002 at 9:52 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Landrush 2 - with no standing for the original Landrushers!!

So - this is the "equitable return to the public" of the 10,000 odd challenged names that Roland LaPlante said he couldn't discuss because Afilias had yet to finalise detail, when I wrote to him after the .info Sunrise wanting confirmation that Afilias accepted its responsibilities to the Landrushers whose preregistrations were voided and that Afilias would acknowledge their participation in the original Landrusher by giving them standing in any Landrush 2.

ICANN approved the .info Sunrise model that the dogs were barking was demonstrably inadequate and then failed to act and implement the DomeBase proposal for the Landrush 1 when 20% of the Sunrise registrations were for individuals and companies prepared to provide fake TM details.

Now six months after the abomination of the .info Sunrise, Afilias prepares to have its business partners sell preregistrations to the 10,000 Landrush 1 names for the third time and itself register the names for the second time.

What more evidence is needed that the current DNS administration is incompetent and corrupt!

I don't plan to participate in the .info Landrush 2 and I continue to hope that the regular posters, despite the odds, have managed to register first rate .infos and that they become leaders when .info gains a public profile.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy