Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richard04
Date/Time: Sat, March 9, 2002 at 11:33 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: 7 months on, has Siegfried Langenbach of Joker managed to find the missing data...

Meanwhile, I continued to be bemused by the large number of generics and valuable names registered in the name of Siegfried Langenbach of Joker.com

I understand that his problem was some "difficulty" in obtaining Trademark details (and registrant names!) from some of his customers. While the rest of the world has been able to obtain these details in a few minutes online at various Trademark sites, Siegfried's customers had wretched bad luck and seemed to run out of time before they could find out their own Trademarks!

It is now SEVEN MONTHS on...

Joker.com or Siegfried Langenbach have had the opportunity to change / add details and post them on the Shadow WHOIS

The registry-registrar agreement makes it mandatory for the Trademark data fields to be accurately filled in. Moreover, the ICANN-Afilias contract stipulates that these data fields must be complete if a Sunrise name is to be eligible.

So seven months on, what is the status of Siegfried Langenbach's Sunrise names? Has Siegfried identified all the relevant registrant names and Trademark details? And are these evident and visible on the Shadow WHOIS?

I leave you to guess the answer.

And are Afilias going to challenge all Siegfried's names if they remain ineligible on grounds of insufficient or inaccurate data? Or will they just "trust" Siegfried?      

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy