Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Sat, March 16, 2002 at 6:46 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Another thing that could help:  Make www.DotInfoSearchEngine.info your "Homepage"

Right now I have mine set to open up to Yahoo.  Got to thinking, why not "DotInfoSearchEngine.info"???  Just another one of my crazy theories of how the Dot Com boom was created.  I forget the statistics, but most computers (in the millions) are set to open up to "Yahoo" for their homepage...

Now if we could somehow, pass the word around and "help" individuals change their homepage settings to "DotInfoSearchEngine.info" ....it could make this viral. It would have to be voluntary to work.  Instead of a "quick java" link to instantly change the homepage settings, everyone might try showing everyone who doesn't know how to do it...or send them a link with instructions.  This way they can remove the "DotInfoSearchEngine.info" homepage in the future (if they so desire). This makes for a happy customer.

Directions to change your homepage to DotInfoSearchEngine.info(if you have Microsoft Explorer):

Click on "tools" at the top of your internet browser, scroll down to "internet options".  You will then see the box to enter the URL for your current homepage (whatever it is).  Cut n' paste this URL in that box: 

http://www.dotinfosearchengine.info  (then hit "ok" at the bottom)

Suggestion to DotInfoLink:  Throw a info "News" ticker on your web site...(Keeping with the info brand)---I wouldn't copy "Yahoo", but a little stickiness will keep "homepages" set to your URL address.  I would have changed my homepage to Google a long time ago if they just had a news ticker....However I will change my homepage to your address irregardless if you stick a news ticker on your site or not.  This "info revolution" is addictive!!

Best of Luck!

Gregory

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy