Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richard04
Date/Time: Tue, March 19, 2002 at 7:43 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Registrars.com and their missing refunds

ICANNWATCH announces that Registrars.com have been taken over by Verisign. Registrars.com promised to refund me $340 for preregistrations that they never submitted. I detail below the letter Registrars.com sent me promising me they would refund my lost money in mid February. I have heard nothing from them since, so does that mean Verisign now take responsibility for the debts they have inherited through this takeover?

Letter to Registrars.com:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 9:24 AM
To: staff@registrars.com
Subject: credits for .info/.biz pre-registrations

Hello

A couple of weeks ago you e-mailed me at: richardshenderson@yahoo.com and informed me that I had been awarded in the region of $340 of credit to spend on new domain names, because you had not applied for certain names that I had paid you to apply for.

You gave the date when I would be able to do this. That date passed over a week ago.

I have received no further e-mails from you, nor have I seen anything about this on your website.

I urgently request that you notify me about what is going to happen to my money, and obviously I shall appreciate a timely reply. I have no ill towards your company, but common sense dictates on these matters when someone owes you money and has promised recompense - so I shall obviously forward copies of this message AND your response (or lack of it) to ICANN and the media.

As I have no wish for anything negative towards you, I'd be grateful for your immediate attention, and an explanation of what you are now going to do.

With kind regards

Richard Henderson

This was the reply which I received from Registrars.com, but I have heard nothing from them since:

Dear Richard,

If you do not intend to transfer your credits to other domain services offered by Registrars.com, a division of VeriSign, then a full refund in the form of a check will be issued to you.  This check will be mailed out sometime mid-February.  Updates will be emailed to the administrative email account on your domain profile to confirm the issue date.

We would like to thank you for your continued patience on this issue.

Sincerely,

Ngoc My D.
Billing Department
Registrars.com, Inc. - a division of VeriSign, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRSN)
http://www.registrars.com
email: ngocmy@registrars.com

Customer Support:
North America:  1-866-734-8776
International:  1-703-326-6225
Hours of Operation:
9am-6pm Mon-Fri
Eastern Standard Time

I have, of course, e-mailed Verisign on this but - surprise, surprise - they have never replied.       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy