Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Voice Of Reason
Date/Time: Mon, July 3, 2000 at 4:45 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: ICANN--Part 2 of Proposal--Beta testing

Most things of substance NEED to be Beta Tested.  This is a Universal concept.  With that in mind, Each New TLD should be Beta Tested for at least 6 years as the .web has using the Quality control parameters IOD has.  Now, why am I using IOD as the example?  Because I have yet to find a Registry with the .web TLD formed under the same Quality controled environment that IOD has created.  If there is another, list it for me to see.  I found IOD, and NameSpace.  Those are intertwined.  And, very Professionally executed.

Beta Testers do not have their product taken from them when the Beta Testing part is over.  They choose to keep the product or not.  Their choice.  I beta test several products.  I found them.  They did not find me.  EXACT same Parameters as .web and IOD and NameSpace.  I found NSI for .com, .net, etc. They did Not find me.  Same EXACT principles as IOD and NameSpace.

I have changed my tune about new gTLDs. I was saying Add them all.  Bring them on.  Well, some don't like that Idea.  So, here is an Alternative for "Them".  Bring them on like IANA brought IOD and .web. Make the New TLDs TEST and WAIT it out, Make the Registries Prove their Concept and First to Use, etc. Make it a 6 year thing for them also.  Why not?  Fair is Fair.  These naysayers want what is Fair.  Give it to them.  Make it as fair for other TLD Registries as it has been for IOD and the .web concept.

Comments other Forum Participants?

VOR

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy