Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Merlin
Date/Time: Mon, July 3, 2000 at 5:45 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.08 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: "Registration"

I would like to point out to the supporters and detractors of IOD and the .web registry that I view obtaining a domain name with IOD as a Registration not a Pre-Registration.The Database of IOD and whether one is included in the A Root Server or not does not make the difference as "pre-registration and registration". I didn't pre-registration anything I registered a name pure and simple.  We all need to think back and realize how things have changed, ICANN and it's  backers have grown into a powerful force, and as they say power corrupts..WEB registry are their own organization and I don't think it should be determined by ICANN who should have a name and who shouldn't, we all do ourselves a disservice by assuming to much and giving ICANN to much credit and support to control us. Their existence was supposed to be purely technical in scope and fundamentally are here to "serve" the Internet community as a whole. The all powerful oz dictates and we take it, this is wrong.
If you read "wiping the database clean" by mediaevum and then "my position" by rosenthal I think you will find mediaevums argument to be of substance.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy