Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Voice Of Reason
Date/Time: Wed, July 5, 2000 at 4:07 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: ICANN..The Naming

I am going to say this here.  I don't care anymore what the naysayers say.  They can post their own thoughts/reasoning process.  I don't care if CAmbler does not want this discussed.  I don't care if it has been discussed to death.  There are Appropriate, Logical Reasons for the Continued Discussion of this issue:

.reg should be a new TLD  It effectively solves the problem of TM Globally.

.web should be a new TLD.  The Internet is referred to as the web and .web would be a Natural Comfortable new gTLD Globally.
IOD and NameSpace share a Registry of .web domains.  This should be looked at for the Merit it carries.  The Fact that over 70 Countries are Represented in the database should be looked at for the Merit it carries.

.sex and/or .adult should be a new TLD.  The Internet needs a separate identifiable TLD for adult content sites.

Other than that, whatever the majority deems appropriate and needed.

All of this can be accomplished in less than a week.  Realistically, it can.  I know Applications for Registries are already on file probably for most of the more common referenced names for TLD.  I truly believe ICANN has had MORE than ample time to review the Applications and have them ready for IMMEDIATE roll out.  However, ICANN chose to give the months away timeframes for Application Process.  This is a Shame on ICANN's part.  These Applications should already have been ready for the roll out.

ICANN, the World is onto you now.  You MUST perform Accordingly and Much More Appropriately.

VOR

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy