Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: friedrich
Date/Time: Sat, July 8, 2000 at 4:16 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT
Score: 5
Subject: As short as possible

Garry,

I know your proposed solution, which certainly is the most reasonable, as it takes trademark laws 1:1.

But I tried to make it more attractive for trademarkholders, who do no want to register mybiz.us.42.reg, because it is difficult to remember.

Creating 42 or more restricted gtlds gives them a fair chance to register in a first come-first serve way.

So the first 42 trademark-holders of the same word could just register it whithout any extension in any of the 42 new gtlds or their open counterparts. They get: mybiz.reg, mybiz.biz, mybiz.rbiz, mybiz.show, mybiz.rshow, ...

If there are more than 42 trademark-holders of the same word they get a legal right to obtain the same gtld-name by adding the country code
to it. They get: mybiz.reg/us, mybiz.rbiz/us, mybiz.rshow/us, ...

In the registered area each company may only register one domain name per each trademark. This gives every trademark-holder a fair chance.

Omitting the classes just makes the domain name easier to remember for custumers and therefore more interesting for trademark-holders to register. And: As everybode else, they are allowed to register in the non-restricted area, too.

That's what my intention is all about. I did NOT doubt the correctness of your proposel at all, though.

Regards,
Friedrich

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy