Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: kasweeney
Date/Time: Mon, July 10, 2000 at 1:41 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: adding new domains

I agree that a new domain should be reserved for indigenous peoples. If NAA,for example, is limited to indigenous from North America, then
each continent should have its own (SAA,AFA,AUA,etc.). Alternative could be one domain for all indigenous peoples and then perhaps sub categories.

Also consider a special domain for healthcare-hospitals,physicians,pharmacists,related health care fields
including alternative health care (acupuncturists,chiropractors,etc.)
I believe this domain could be very helpful to consumers. If the letters need to be non-english, I suggest Latin (Rx,). A negative to this domain could be turf battles. Should massage therapists,herbalists, those not wanting the medical model but in helping/healing professions be allowed in this domain? Also, some are profit or non-profit. Some are licenced by their state or country while others are not. Should this domain include biotechnology or pharmaceutical companies, or only direct providers?
Evaluation period is necessary. Public needs more than one week to respond to proposals. Minimum of TWO WEEKS, with publicity. One month would be better. Big companies have legal staff ready on the spot, while small groups and individual citizens will need time to digest the recommendations before they respond.
There needs to be some way to initially limit the signup for new domains so more can respond and have an opportunity to get i to the newly opened domains. This is for the same reason as the need for more time for legal comment.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy