Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: vany_martinez
Date/Time: Mon, July 10, 2000 at 11:39 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.72 using XWindows/Linux 2.2.12-20 (Pentium)
Score: 5
Subject: Comments regarding 51 to 74 questions about new gTLDs

Question 57: What should be the criteria for selecting between potential TLD labels?
Should non-English language TLD labels be favored?

Answers:

I am agree with comments Milton made, except the following ones:
"there are two potentially conflicting
ways to approach this question. One is that, as stated above, new

My answer: TLDs must be successful economically"
Not agree. This is not necesary has to be achieved. Maybe someone wants to manage a gTLD that would offer free domains, as already exists. If a gTLD is a good business or not, if someone want to donate money of all the life in order to keep the gTLD working and servicing people, then this is problem of the registry itself as far as they comply with requisites and regulations.
--------------

Question 60: Are there any types of TLDs that ICANN should not consider?

Answer:
Not agree with Milton. If it raise internatially policy then it has to be resolved, and it is not impossible to be resolved. Problematic doesn't means that it is not have to be taken in count and create also chartered gTLDs.
-------------
Question 61: Which types, if any, are essential to the successful testing period?

Answer
As far as such gTLDs are managed with suitable organizations that are related with Consumers affairs, etc and domains are delegated to
individuals/organizations that really wants to complain or say nice things about a trademark, for example, then I think is fine.

-------------
Question 68: What measures should be in place to protect registrants from he possibility of a registry operator's business failure?

Answer:

Agree with Milton. But should exists some guarantees since people is paying for this service, as money refund for the unused months, for example.                                       
-----------------

Question 70: How should ICANN evaluate the sufficiency of proposed intellectual  property protections?

Answer:
Agree with Milton. However chartered gTLDs has to have additional rules.
---------------

Question 71: What role should ICANN have in the start-up procedures for new unrestricted TLDs?

Answer:
Just the one that ICANN have been performing already.
----------------

Anything else from question 51 to 73 I am agree with Milton.

Best Regards

Nilda Vany Martinez Grajales
Sustainable Development Networking Programme/Panama

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy