Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory Krajewski
Date/Time: Tue, July 11, 2000 at 3:21 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Network Solution, and Register.com cannot be the new registrar's...

REGISTER.COM's COMMENTS:       

"It is critical for all accredited registrars to be able to provide registration services for any of the new TLDs introduced, whether they are general or special purpose TLDs.  All accredited registrars should have equal access to the registries for the new TLDs in order to compete in this space.  As stated above, competition ultimately benefits the end users by giving them more choices, better prices and better service."

THE REASON WHY:  I have nothing against Register.com getting "on board" as this is fair practice....nonetheless you have such a stronghold of dot com domains, that your ability to out distance new "competition" would be overwhelming....One exception would be IOD, as they have everything in place....I would at give enough time for the new registeries to compete; not sure how long, but would be, I'm assuming controled by ICANN...As far as Network Solutions having access....well...that's like giving a lion a "little" piece of meat to bite on...and you come up minus a hand....Again IOD if allowed to compete one on one with NS and Register.com would make an interesting "Boxing Match" ...which is what the internet needs...competitors...not clones...(clones die quicker then the real MCcoy's)....That is my position on your comments...

As far as the rest of your paper I would have to agree with you on many of the issues...Thanks for at least posting a comment on this board....We need more input though...

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy