Return to Proposed Revisions to NSI Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Jonas
Date/Time: Mon, March 5, 2001 at 8:39 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Uniform Unincorporated Nonprofit Associations Act

Whether that specific legislation is adopted by whatever states in the US isn't really enought to know here.

What would be interesting to know i ICANNs view on what a "non-profit association/orginisation" is, and how they would act to check that their view on the domain is followed byt orginizations/groups/whatever in different countries with different legalities.

I administer and care for two .org-domains registered by non-profit orginizations registered under swedish legalisation (but active internationally), and one .org-domain privately registered for a group of people without a legally formalized orginization and used for webspace and mail accounts.

I can't see anything in the agreement that specifies wether all of those domains or any of them would be allowed if the changes are done. This part really should be clarified.

Personally I feel the idea of kicking for-profit entities out from .org (but allowing non-profit entities wether they are formalized or not) is a nice idea, but at the same time I think it really is to late for that.

/Jonas

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy