Return to Proposed Revisions to NSI Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Garry Anderson
Date/Time: Fri, March 16, 2001 at 10:45 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: INVESTMENT

Quote: "Personally, I am sick and tired of people buying domain names that have excellent usability, just to 'sit' on them for years and try to sell them 'to the highest bidder'."

Then you must be really pissed, about people that buy undeveloped land and property - just to 'sit' on them for years and try to sell them 'to the highest bidder'. Especially with all those poor homeless people exposed to the bad weather.

What about those swines that buy fine art and lock it away - letting nobody see its beauty - just to 'sit' on them for years and try to sell them 'to the highest bidder'.

What about ...... etc.

Do you not realize Woobie? - ICANN are deliberately holding up new TLDs.

Domains are a limitless resource - yet ICANN made them scarce.

ICANN knew all these Top Level Domain was being used by individuals, families, small clubs, town communities and small businesses. Many, hopefully, are profitable - even the .ORGs.

ICANN allowed this type of use - without complaint.

To all intents and purposes, they endorse this use for them to be used as generic TLDs.

They should stay that way - for people to do with as they see fit. Who has a right to tell you what to do with your property?

Non-profit use has never been mentioned for .ORG TLD.

Why did ICANN not inform .ORG owners that their identity is in danger of being stolen from them? It is easy to do email merge posting with all contact addresses on registry. Obviously, they did not want any objections to their plans.

They and their predecessors are responsible for most the problems. To protect big business interests, they did not open up enough TLD.

They know the answer for trademarks. The American authorities (USPTO and DoC) do not deny that name.class.country.reg need be legal requirements for all trademarks. Visit my site if you do not believe me. They must have always known.

WIPO.org.uk - no connection with, and wishes to be totally disassociated from, the World Intellectual Property Organization, WIPO.ORG - part of UN, paid for (owned?) by big business.

Link: WIPO.org.uk

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy