Return to Proposed Revisions to NSI Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: woobie
Date/Time: Fri, March 23, 2001 at 7:59 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Correct

I agree with a lot of what you said.  And, since you're the one who was kind enough to post a copy of the only 'ICANN response' to hit this forum, I thank you.

Unfortunately,  I know some of the folks at ZDNet (where the article you mentioned was posted) and, according to what they've told me, they got their information about the whole 'non-profit' part of their article was right here in this forum.

Even Matt Drudge was kind enough to respond to a message I left him about this stuff and his (or his representative who replied) feeling was that there needs to be complete and unrestricted access to the 'whole story', instead of bits and pieces tossed out to the crowds.  However, he didn't seem to think that there was enough proof that the .org domains would be 'taken away' to bother investigating it further.
      If, however, someone from ICANN or Verisign/NSI decides to put up some more 'official' documentation, and it turns out that the rumors of 'non-profits only' are true,  I'm sure there will be much more involved interest coming from the media.  After all, some of the worlds media outlets probably use .org's too.

Kudos,
      JB

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy