Return to Proposed Revisions to NSI Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: CBloodworth
Date/Time: Sat, March 24, 2001 at 7:10 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Sounds reasonable

As I've said before, I'm not really in a position to be able to discuss the technical merits of the proposal.  About the best I can say is:

Competition = Good
Monopoly = Bad

But I will object to any proposal, regardless of the other merits, that causes us to lose our .ORGs

You proposal does sound good.  I'm just saying that even if they do all of your suggestions except #10, I'll still complain.  #10 is my main concern.

Speaking as the "little guy" (which I am), the idea of my (and others) domains being revoked (or the equivelent) solely due to a whim is definetly something that I can't support.  (That's why I put so much effort into re-finding the 'official' stuff that said we might lose our .ORG domains.)

I can't see how any honest Registrar, domain host, consumer group, etc. etc. could support that.  No matter what the other benefits. (I noticed that neither NameZero nor Homestead (both of whom posted in here) object to the possibility of their customers losing their domains!  Bet they aren't getting their customer's opinions of that!  I can imagine the threats of lawsuits when their customers find out the companies knew about the possibility and still supported it, without telling the customers. [grin])

I do like what you wrote and I hope they pay attention to it.

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy