Return to Proposed Revisions to NSI Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: walter
Date/Time: Sun, April 1, 2001 at 3:06 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Final poast- Contract may destroy internet.... if you read anything read scenerio.

Think about it.....
In the world of business there are customers and sellers.  Behind that there vendors/suppliers - marketers and so on and so fourth.

If this contract passes would it hurt the internet community? a possibility...

This will give the preception that money and power can limit free trade and enterprise....

Free trade is the equal opportunity that one has to make in the market and when .orgs become restricted after being used so long will make other skeptical....

Am I going to build a business on the net just to have someone shut me down?

Imagine if long ago k-mart was shut down because all marts could have only one store?

Would there be Wal-mart?  What if someone came along and said that there could be no duplication of names on buildings.....
Would there be a Mcdonalds? 
Imagine what would happen to the econamy if these never existed....

The proposed agreements are doing just that and may hurt the internet community.....

Right now there are not a lot of good things going for the internet and when you take that coupled with this it could lead to disaster...

Think about it...

No replies are needed get these people that are going to do the voting read this scanerio and remember....

I have vested intrests cause I would like to have the opportunity to use my name and have a business....

Like the scenirio avbove if I woulda been sam walton and people would have limited me to one store imagine the affect it would have on my backpocket but also imagine the affect it would have on the econemy...

Thank you

Walter

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy