Support to IMS/IRC proposal
  • To: org-eval@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Support to IMS/IRC proposal
  • From: Elisabeth Porteneuve <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 21:25:07 +0200 (MET DST)
  • Cc: paul@xxxxxxx

Greetings,

The IMS/IRC is the only proposal with truly public
DNS service, and, in my opinion, the one able to break the
homogenized monotony of all-alike open gTLDS.

Those people have been for years providing softwares and
developping Internet. Better, they offer a free OpenReg software,
up and running, which will be of use to many.

I have been member to the NC Dot Org TF. I had many concerns
at that time, the biggest was implementation of a 3 million
doman names registry in a totaly new place. I am very pleased
to see the most serious proposal, comming from a group of people
who like their work, who like to share their knowledge, who
know what service means. I am sure that an arrival of such
company into ICANN walls could realy bring a good mood and
end users satisfaction.

Furthermore their analysis
http://www.icann.org/tlds/org/applicant-comments/ims-isc-01oct02.htm
is by all means an excellent document from many perspectives.

Elisabeth Porteneuve