ORG Registry
  • To: <org-eval@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ORG Registry
  • From: "Charlie Pellatt" <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:29:49 +0100
  • Disposition-notification-to: "Charlie Pellatt" <charlie@askcharlie.co.uk>

Title: Message
Sirs

As a commercial organisation that deals with Not for Profit organisations on a daily basis we would distinctly prefer that the organsation to administer the .ORG Registry was itself a Not for Profit organisation all things being equal.

A commercial bid, if ultimately successful, MUST be backed up with cast iron guarantees as to the integrity and propietory with which they conduct the business.

Some of the motives for bidding from some of the commercial organisations appear on the face of it to be very questionable and we hope that the ultimate decision will be based solely on what is best for Not for Profit orgnaisations and above all that the .ORG suffix is retained for purely Not for Profit organisations with commercial use being VERY STRICTLY controlled.

Regards

Charlie Pellatt

Ask Charlie Limited

Tel:  01202 861540   Mobile:  07802-218707   Fax:  01202 870414
Email:  charlie@askcharlie.co.uk   Web:  <http://www.askcharlie.co.uk>
Email Disclaimer
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing Ask Charlie Limited terms of business.