Return to .org Reassignment Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Register ORGanization
Date/Time: Fri, July 26, 2002 at 5:21 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: RegisterOrg Letter of Support from Powered by Professionals

To the Board of ICANN,

I am the founder of Powered By Professionals which works with several non profit organizations.  One of which is A Little HOPE (www.alittlehope.org) on which I serve as the Executive Director.  The objective of the A Little HOPE Organization is to provide HOPE and comfort to children who have experienced the loss of a family member. I am writing in support of Register Organization, Inc.’s (“RegisterOrg”) bid to operate the .org registry. 

I understand that RegisterOrg has committed to supporting the noncommercial Internet community through the creation of $2.5 million fund that is designed to seed technology capacity building on an international scale, global policy awareness, education and participation, and technology innovation to benefit the .org user community. I further understand they are committed to creating a .org Community Portal.  The Community Portal will serve as a central place where all users can engage in dialog about registry issues, find information and links to web sites about global internet policy development and Internet governance, and resources to help .org registrants build their web presence and better communicate with their target audiences. 

In working within the non profit sector, I understand that a non-profit relies on the stability of the Internet and believe that bringing users online through a proposal such as RegisterOrg’s will foster the expansion of the Internet, and the .org community, through international collaboration for technology innovation, and the deployment of new technologies.  For these reasons, we support the RegisterOrg bid to operate the .org registry. 

Sincerely,

Kenneth J.  Grosso