Return to .org Reassignment Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: miket
Date/Time: Fri, July 26, 2002 at 7:18 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 4.0
Score: 5
Subject: In support of the application of .org Foundation/eNom

I fully support the application of .org Foundation/eNom.  I am a practicing trademark attorney who has counseled many clients on domain name dispute issues and has represented clients in UDRP proceedings.  During the course of my practice, I have dealt with many different registrars.  In my opinion, eNom is the most professional -- by far -- of the registrars with whom I've dealt.        

I have found eNom's compliance director and its transfer manager to be very competent, professional and conscientious.  One example that I think demonstrates these traits is this:  One of my clients won a UDRP proceeding.  This client instructed its ISP to coordinate with eNom to effectuate the UDRP panel's transfer decision.  But since the ISP was not an actual party to the UDRP procedure, eNom required that my client provide authorization that the ISP was authorized to act of its behalf before eNom would transfer the domain name at issue. 

This may seem like a small point, but in my opinion it's not.  I believe that many registrars would have transferred the domain name to the unrelated ISP without ever bothering to ensure that the ISP's transfer request was authorized.  By requiring proof of such authorization, eNom thus demonstrated thoroughness and professionalism and thereby helped ensure the integrity of this particular domain name registration.  I believe that eNom/.org Foundation will bring this same professionalism and thoroughness to its duties as the .org registry.    

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy