Return to .org Reassignment Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Registrar support for NeuStar
Date/Time: Fri, August 2, 2002 at 6:02 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: United Domains supports NeuStar

Dear ICANN Board Member,
I am writing in regards to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Request for Proposals for the reassignment of the .ORG Top Level Domain (TLD) to a new Registry Operator.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my concern that the .ORG registry be awarded to a registry that meets three very important factors: a non-compete business model, proven ability to support ICANN registrars and a stable, reliable and proven registry platform.

I would like to emphasize that we are very supportive of a registry operator that has a neutral, non-compete business model.  NeuStar is one such example.  As a NeuStar customer, we like the fact that they do not act as a Registrar.  We believe that this is the best model for this industry and the .ORG TLD.

In addition, we think it is very important that the new registry operator have existing operational billing and support relationships with ICANN registrars.  The transition of .ORG from one Registry to another will be very complex.  We believe it will create additional and unacceptable operational risk if the new Registry is also learning how to connect with and support ICANN registrars around the globe.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Nikolai Tiedermann
Chief Technical Officer
-united domains AG-       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy