Return to .org Reassignment Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Registrar support for NeuStar
Date/Time: Fri, August 2, 2002 at 6:20 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: EnCirca Supports NeuStar

Dear ICANN Board Member,
I am writing in regards to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Request for Proposals for the reassignment of the .ORG Top Level Domain (TLD) to a new Registry Operator.

As you know, NeuStar, Inc., has filed a formal application with ICANN to become the new Registry Operator for .ORG.  I would like to take this opportunity to express my support for NeuStar's selection as the new Registry for .ORG.

I have been in the domain industry since 1995.  I was previously CEO of NetNames Registrar and was a founding member of Afilias.  I am now Founder and CEO of one of the newest Registrars, EnCirca, Inc.  Although we have been accredited by ICANN, we have decided to initially focus our business entirely on the .US ccTLD.

Part of the reason is our desire to work with NeuStar as opposed to other Registries.  I have first-hand experience with all of the gTLD operators.  Our business success depends on a trusting and collaborative relationship with the Operator of the TLD we are reselling.  We get this type of relationship with NeuStar.

The selection of a new operator for .ORG provides ICANN an opportunity to look at the Best Practices among the various business models practiced by the gTLD operators.  We believe that NeuStar's model of neutrality is the best model for the industry and should be among your selection criteria for the award of the .ORG TLD.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerly,

Thomas Barrett
EnCirca, Inc.
Reading, MA       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy