Return to .org Reassignment Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Registrar support for NeuStar
Date/Time: Fri, August 2, 2002 at 6:28 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: dotster Supports NeuStar

Dear ICANN Board Member,
I am writing in regards to the Internet Corporation for the Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Request for Proposals for the reassignment of the .ORG Top Level Domain (TLD) to a new Registry Operator.

As you know, NeuStar, Inc., has filed a formal application with ICANN to become the new Registry Operator for .ORG.  I would like to take this opportunity to express my support for NeuStar's selection as the new Registry for .ORG.

Over the past several years, NeuStar has a proven track record of managing two new TLDs and our experience in dealing with NeuStar as a direct customer has been excellent.  NeuStar has consistently delivered on their promises and we very much appreciate that.

In addition, I would like to emphasize that we are highly supportive of NeuStar's neutral, non-compete Registry business model.  As a NeuStar customer, we like the fact that they only act as a Registry, and they do not attempt to be a Registrar.  We believe that this is the best business model for this industry and the .ORG Registry Operator.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Clint Page
President, dotster, Inc.
Vancouver, WA       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy