Return to .org Reassignment Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: ISOC Letters of Support
Date/Time: Wed, August 7, 2002 at 9:47 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: TheArc.org supports the ISOC bid

[The Arc is the national organization devoted to promoting and improving supports and services for people with mental retardation and their families.]

Dear ICANN Board of Directors:

I am writing to express my support for the Internet Society's (ISOC) bid to manage the .ORG registry. As a user and supporter of the Internet, I believe that a successful Internet Society bid would be good for .ORG and for the Internet as a whole.

ISOC has long led activities that contribute to an open, stable, thriving Internet. ISOC organizes its many talented members to serve the Internet through initiatives in education and training, standards and protocols, and public policy. Additionally, ISOC supports and facilitates open mechanisms that enable consensus on key Internet development issues.

Further, I believe that ISOC's mission of promoting "the open development, evolution, and use of the Internet for the benefit of all the people in the world" is in full harmony with the purpose of .ORG, and that ISOC will make an effective steward for the domain. Working with its talented membership and with its technical partners, ISOC will enable .ORG to flourish as a truly global home for noncommercial interests on the Internet.

I urge you to consider the Internet Society's proposal favorably, and help appoint the Internet Society as the next registry manager of .ORG.

Sincerely,
Steven M. Eidelman
Executive Director
http://www.thearc.org
eidelman@thearc.org
Silver Spring, MD USA

Link: The Arc

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy