Return to self-nomination Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: traP
Date/Time: Fri, June 2, 2000 at 8:56 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.51 using XWindows/Linux 2.2.5-15 (Pentium Pro)
Score: 5
Subject: Re:  The Minor Change

>>      However, defining the phrase "otherwise had an interest in" >>could be misleading.. I believe the precise definition you're >>looking for is "owned, either currently or in the past, and the >>terms under which that registration was terminated, if applicable."

>Sounds good.  With one modification...  I would remove the "if >applicable" part.

The "If applicable" part is there because, if the person in question still owns the domain, they haven't terminated the registration, in which case asking for the terms under which the registration was terminated is moot.. they still own it.

Which isn't always a bad thing..  If I decide to register my last name as a .org (my last name has a commercial value somewhere between toxic waste and cow dung, since it is fairly unusual), I don't really think it matters as far as being able to be a representative voice.. but that information should still be disclosed, because others might disagree..

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy