Return to self-nomination Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Nestor DR
Date/Time: Fri, June 23, 2000 at 6:13 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: KEEP TWO (2) COUNTRY RULE !!!

Geographical Regions should be represented by someone who understands not only technically related aspects of the Internet, but also and perhaps more importantly, the local/regional issues driving the digital divides to the masses within that Region. I don't doubt that many single-country self-nominees may be 'qualified' to otherwise hold office; however, Central America--which is where I'm from--should not be dwarfed by the critical mass that has already developed in other areas in the Region. If a candidate feels he/she can do an adequate job while in office, while neglecting and/or belittling the need for not just diversity--but also pluralism and an affirmative effort to narrow the digital divide--I would question the logic/motives behind such a conclusion. Therefore, please do keep the two (2) country rule. As I may speak for thousands, and/or hundreds of thousands, who don't yet have the meanns to access the Internet, I defer and further cite the developments and findings recently discussed at the most recent WIPO discussion at Geneva regarding "folklore and the like."

Nestor
Los Angeles, California, USA
(Dual Citizen: U.S. / El Salvador / Married to a beautiful Mexican).

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy