Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: jeffrey
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 7:24 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: ICANN board members other than Stubbs

Although the conflict of interest of Mr Stubbs is well recognized and his unwillingness to reason with Chris Ambler is firmly established (first recognized by me during Yokohama meeting), he can't be the only member of ICANN to contribute toward their staff report. I can fathom how Mr Stubbs could have directed both the business/financial team and the technical team to address specific criteria that would bias the report in favor of Afilias. However, I can't imagine that the ICANN board members would have allowed Mr Stubbs to assimilate all the team reports into their main Report. That would be much too dangerous for them. There are other equally strong willed people on that board. Certainly we can't assume that the whole board is corrupt. Still, I can't understand how a reasonable person would find the Afilias application without fault in light of the kinds of criticisms brought forward about IOD?  Has ICANN prematurely determined that they want to give Afilias the .web registry and struggled to find ways of offering this decision to the public? I simply don’t understand this complete lack of support for IOD.  I fear that the entire ICANN board has forgotten about their mission to support competition.  Perhaps a few remember, but are clouding the minds of others with ideas of pseudo-competition. Moreover, I fear that ICANN board members are purposefully avoiding intercourse regarding pioneer’s preference.  Those who understand IODs situation don’t want to bring it up because of their conflicting interests, and those who don’t understand IODs situation are afraid to. 

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy