Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Watchdog
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 6:52 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Child Predators

I run a Nonprofit for missing children. It is a big deal. The allowance of a .kids extension where sites are responsible for the content they display and for the information they gather about your children is essential to children's safety on the web.

The "I have to pay for service either way" has nothing to do with the issue. I'm not trying to chastise you, but parents need to be better informed so they can make the choices they need to make for their children.

I don't want to see the choices made for you, except where websites are gathering information and storing it about your child. Gaining access to most of these databases has proven too easy to trust websites with adult's information let alone the gathering of info about what your child is interested in, how old your child is, where they live, address and all, what school they attend. The data being gathered by websites is the same info child predators ask for when posing as a child in chat rooms.

Scroll down the forum here and you will see that I advocate the overseeing of the TLD .kids be left to a nonprofit.        

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy