Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Anthony 2nd
Date/Time: Sun, November 12, 2000 at 5:08 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.73 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: So its air tight then

You're right - we have to assume that the process will be fair.

There is clearly a move against IOD though. Whether it is actually from ICANN itself is unclear. Cartainly it is tarnishing the ICANN reputation by association.

IOD was evaluated by three members of Arthur Anderson - the company representing CORE.

The simple fact that IOD and CORE are in legal dispute should have been enough to have ICANN avoid this situation.

If it were necessary to have more concerns though, they are there.

IOD vs Ken Stubbs (associated with CORE).

CORE is a member of Afilias (.web application).

Melbourne IT is a CORE member and has approached Afilias regarding .web as well as being in business with Neustar that aslo has a rival bid to IOD.

Of all the people on this planet to choose to evaluate IOD - why choose Arthur Anderson? Who's decision was that anyway?

ICANN's appropriate decision to disregard the advice of these people does go some way to suggest that at some level at least someone is at least aware of the embarrasing politics that are going on. ICANN does seem to be trying to trying to inject some fairness into the proceedings - if only in self interest.

On the throttling issue, I have noticed that your server has got faster (it actually seems to have got faster and then even faster again recently). 

The suggestion that you would work for this long and get this far and still only manage less than 30 tps is [?? deliberately]insulting.

Regarding the 24x7 global issue, there is no real or perceived evidence to support this that I am able to find. With domains registered in over 100 different countries it seems unlikely and I work some pretty irregular hours in Europe and I have never had issues with your service at any time of day.

The issue does seem to have been that IOD was evaluated with a view to supporting CORE & Afilias.

ICANN must really put a stop to this level of infestation if anyone is to take them seriously.

Really, its just one thing after another the whole time!         

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy