Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: moster
Date/Time: Mon, November 13, 2000 at 9:34 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.7 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Being intentionally overcritical of IOD application

Good Lord.  I read the ICANN analysts recommendations and I have to say I was somewhat disappointed in their weak interpretation of IOD's application for .WEB.  I feel (I know) that the application was not completely reviewed with an eye of impartiality.  I read the same application they did and while some of their points have merit, the most important ones do not. 

What about the IOD contractors that have been working for IOD for years?  ICANN acts as if they don't count.  I can tell you this - anyone with a small business with some emplyees has at one point considered the administrative burden of contractors versus full time employees.  Contractors are cheaper than full time employees.

I would assume that IOD will take the necessary steps to retain the technical talent they already have in their contractors.  COMMON SENSE (except for the slow ones at ICANN)

Oh, and ICANN won't consider IODs position or clarifications unless it is in some addendum to the application?  That is bullsh#t.

I would join any suit against ICANN that awards the .WEB TLD to any party other than IOD.  They were basically already awarded the .WEB TLD and pretending that that did not happen will only make ICANN poorer (legal bills).  The "na na na na na na plugging my ears na na na na na" approach to the historical and right side of the .WEB saga will not make ICANN look any better in the eyes of the public.

Also, I can't wait to see what (if anything) the Name.Space does to ICANN over their current situation.  

ICANN!!!!  YOU ARE WEAK.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy