Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: dandb
Date/Time: Mon, November 13, 2000 at 10:48 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V4.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Headed for Big Legal Problems

As a concerned citizen in the Internet Community I see ICANN is headed for major legal problems if they ignore the consensus of the Internet Community.  The consensus is very clear.  Image Online Design should run the .web registry.  After all, I  understand ICANN's authority is based on consensus and clearly this comment board is in overall aggreement Image Online Design should in fact get the award of the .web registry.  I have been a member of Internet Community for a number of years and have not registered one domain name yet, with any company.  Whenever I have tried, the name I wanted was always gone.  Trying to get a name from NSI that I can use is almost impossible.  I can't even comment on their service like the rest of the posters.  I do know about fair play and sweat equity.  I believe it would be criminal if after five years, the web registry were to go to anyone except Image Online Design.  They have  put their time in pioneering a pathway for their hard work.  I strongly believe a court of law would side with Image Online Design if they were to take ICANN to task.  I wholeheartedly hope they do plan to protect their rightful property and not let big business run them over.  I would love to sit on the jury that hears this case.  Punitive would take on a new meaning and ICANN would be left breathless.  Your jury today is this comment board.  I hope you listen to their voice and give .web registry to Image Online Design.   
Dave Falaschi                

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy