Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: pilot5
Date/Time: Tue, November 14, 2000 at 2:31 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V4.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Eliahu, You're Right, The Bias Is Showing

Believe me, everyone HAS figured how much money IOD is going to make.  That's why they are vehemently trying many angles to separate IOD from .WEB.  Later on, they can always find a plan to keep it, but taking it from IOD at this point in time is the paramount concern. 

The funny thing is the part of the Staff Report which expresses concern for IOD's finances, when anyone with any sense at all knows there will be an immense economic upswing for any company awarded .WEB.  If they really thought IOD would get into trouble after winning .WEB, they would just let it happen, then pick up the pieces, cheaper, later.  But no, they really understand that IOD's financial will be triple-A.  They will be considered a "blue blood" advertiser.  That doesn't sound like trouble to me.  ICANN did not need to waste money on consultants to know IOD would be mega-financed after receiving ICANN's blessing to sell .WEB registrations.  I think the consultants were paid to come to a certain conclusion, to spin and arrange and omit facts to paint a negative (yet unreal) picture.

Claims that defy logic and common sense, by the "evaluators", leave the most damning appearance of improper shenanigans between ICANN, its supporting organizations, and possibly the evaluators and consultsants.  ICANN still has not made available the Arthur Anderson documentation requested earlier in this forum.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy