Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: jtrade
Date/Time: Tue, November 14, 2000 at 2:54 AM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Fragmentation

The bottom line is this, there are companies out there who have TLD's such as .web and .biz that have operated these TLD's on an alternative root servers for years and I think ICANN has no right at all to have any other companies other than the pioneers who have developed and operate these TLD's have access to the A Root. The internet is more than the ICANN Root!

Whether ICANN chooses .web or .biz for an example is another question but to think they would try to allow someone else's .web or .biz into their root is an infringement on the first and prior use as well as the continued operations of these companies.

To even see ICANN consider such actions proves to me that they are not worthy of their position to "technically" administer the A-Root when any decision would in essence fragment the Internet. I would also like to note that ICANN likes to hide behind the fact of "technical" administration when in fact they are making policy decisions.

I am confident that any company that would bring forth litigation against ICANN would be victorious. This is a clear case

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy