Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: bartender
Date/Time: Tue, November 14, 2000 at 7:05 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: Dear ICANN

ICANN, I feel it is an obvious choice you are about to make. One of your main goals in the selection of new gTLD's was to promote competition at the registry / registrar level ...Well, Afilias doesn't do that, now does it. IOD have been working toward getting .web added to the root zone for 5 years now, and here is your chance to reward them for their hard work, and give them a chance to be competitors to the exisiting behemoths. Isn't it clear what you need to do? Crystal clear, if you ask me. Einstein once said, and I paraphrase,  "All things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler than that"  ...so, my point is -- keep this as simple as you can, given the complicated and unique nature of the situation. You can satisfy most of the people involved here if you award .web to IOD and another TLD to afilias, and we can all move forward with the goal at hand. It's only common sense. I'll be watching with great interest during these next few days, and I wish you clarity in your decisions.

Thanks for reading,

Bartender

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy