Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Mario
Date/Time: Tue, November 14, 2000 at 8:21 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Seems Greatdomains.Com Is Now Projecting A Winner

Seems Greatdomains.Com (now Network Solutions, Inc.) is already projecting a winner of the internet games now being held in Southern California.  Why else would they be emphasizing services such as "Global Domain Name Registry" as part of Network Solutions' idNames?  Perhaps old age breeds cynicism.  But I think not.  In all seriousness, the advertisement by Greatdomains.Com is just one more blatant example of where ICANN is headed in this circus it calls an official meeting.  How much more pain and misery must the public be made to endure before ICANN's behavior is brought under control?  How, in this day and age, has ICANN allowed itself to succomb to the whims of a modern day Rasputin.  When will our own government flush the snakes out of the grass?  So much for idealistic mumbo jumbo on my part.  Provided below is part of Greatdomains.Com's advertisement that illustrates this new service.  I think a more appropriate name would be idPowergrab.  Perhaps that's the corporate code name.

5. Corporations Manage Domain Names with Id Names

Network Solutions has a proven track record for helping the world's
largest trademark owners and corporations manage their Internet
identity. Now, Network Solutions' idNames offers a variety of services
designed to help corporate customers manage their Domain Name
registrations and security, including Global Domain Name Registry,
private reservation and Domain Name consolidation.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy